My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

________________________________________________________

We don't have a soul

We are a soul, we have a body.

And it's that body that's giving me trouble ;-)

Did I get up early and go work out? NO.
Did I stay after work and work out? NO.
Did I work late on a spreadsheet and then just when I had it perfect and I was ready to go home, close it without saving it? Yes.

I brought it home, so I can recreate it before work because I really need to turn it in.

We took a group picture at work. There are about 17 of us and to me the result looked like a sea of smiles and then there was me. I was sort of smiling, but I just don't have that big toothy natural smile that looks good in pictures.

It's always a shock to me when I see a picture of myself:
(#1) I look like my Mother and I'd rather not
(#2) I don't look in a mirror much and the picture I have in my head of myself is more like my cartoons.

However hope springs eternal and tomorrow is another day. It may be the day that I make it to the gym and wear those silly biking shorts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home