My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

________________________________________________________

Painting on a Tree


Yes I did paint the door on that tree.

I'm not quite finished, but even if I didn't paint any more on it than I have, I like it.

It didn't rain on me all weekend, so except for a couple of ant bites all went well with the painting.

It will be interesting to see what happens when it does rain, but I think it will hold up. I think it's going to rain before I have a chance to go back and see how it's doing.



I used oil paint and water doesn't mix with oil so I think it will be okay. The poor tree was so dry that it really soaked up the oil.

There is another tree about 5 foot or so from this one that has an opening at the bottom where it looks like some woodland creature lives. I did have to keep a watchful eye out to see if anything came out of that while I was painting.

Camping was so much fun. I ran out of time, but I was going to make some kind of camper for the back of my truck.

I tried sleeping in the back with the lid raised and netting over it the first night. The second night I thought I would try sleeping on top of the lid with net over me to keep away the bugs.

It was great because I could see the stars and really feel like I was camping outside. I would not try this in a public park.

2 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 12:40 pm, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Glad that you had a nice time and way to go with that door on the tree! You are very talented! Th eonly thing that I can paint (and not well at that) are my toenails. Sigh...

 
At 8/30/2006 1:17 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Painting toenails is good. Soon you will be able to paint little lady bugs toes ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home