My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

________________________________________________________

I learned how to dig yesterday

My friend came up and he showed me how to jump on the end of the shovel so that you could get it to go down into the ground. Were putting paving stones next to my driveway, so I can get two cars side by side. My driveway is really narrow.

We went to Home Depot to get the paving stones and were going to get 100, but they are so heavy that his truck can't hold that many.

The clerk had already put in the 100 when we found out and when she went to change it to 50 she just added the 50 and so charged me for 100 extra.

I didn't even notice, but my friend looked at it and so I went back in the store to get credit for the 100 extra. The lady at the refund department misunderstood the one from the garden area and gave me back money for only 50 and I didn't notice and got back to the truck and my friend looked at my new ticket and noticed that. So back into the store (meanwhile they locked the garden area gate so we had to walk around to the front door)

The lady at the refund counter kept saying that she didn't have the money to refund to me, but not explaining what she would do. I was asking for store credit or a manager or whatever. She did get more money eventually and then counted it over and over - stuck it in the register and paid me. We lost a couple of hours that we could have worked.

So this morning it's off to I-Hop and then back to shovel-Hop ;-) - then off to my other friends wedding ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home