My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

________________________________________________________

My truck got hit by a car ;-(

I was driving down a three lane road this morning and a lady two lanes over got hit and knocked into me. My headlight got busted out, my hood bent and the bumper bent in so that the tire could not turn very far right.

The person who hit her (I am assuming it was a man) kept going, but two different men stopped to see if we were okay.

She pushed me off of the road and down the embankment and onto the service road. We ended up with the front of her car against my drivers door and my drivers front tire. I had to climb out the other side of my truck to get out. She was in the embankment.

One of the men who stopped said to me "you must be an angel" he said that if I had not been there, for her car to hit, she would have probably been killed, because she was headed for a concrete wall and my truck stopped her. After that I didn't feel so bad about my truck being dented. He also said that it wasn't anyones day to die that day. I didn't see him after the firemen got there, so maybe he was an Angel.

Two firetrucks, an ambulance and two police cars came. We were both able to drive away, but I didn't go too far and then my Dad came and pulled my bumper out enough so I could turn the wheel.

I still have to get the truck fixed, but I feel good to be alive.

5 Comments:

At 2/18/2007 11:28 am, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm so thankful that you are okay and that it wasn't worse than it was. It must have been so scary to go through that.
My heart is racing just thinking about it. Sorry about your truck. Are you sure you're okay?

 
At 2/18/2007 11:49 am, Blogger Moggy said...

It was strange, but I didn't feel the panic that I would think I would have felt. I think God must have been watching over me and keeping me calm.

It's hard to believe that it wasn't worse than it was. I saw them coming and knew we were going to collide, but there was nothing I could do.

We both left black skid marks on the highway, so the police could see what happened.

 
At 2/18/2007 6:32 pm, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Wow! The fact that you could stay calm is definitely a sign of something bigger.
I'm just happy to know that you are okay.

 
At 2/18/2007 9:59 pm, Blogger Pam said...

Glad you are ok! How scary and yet you had that peace that passeth all understanding. Wow.

 
At 2/18/2007 10:29 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

It was a good feeling, not to be upset or nervous about it. I hope this means that I am getting closer to God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home