My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

________________________________________________________

Sunday School Lesson

I know the Bible verse about the heart being deceitful, but I usually think about it more in terms of a love interest instead of other decisions in my life.

It made me think that a lot of the decisions I have made in my life were like a small child grabbing at something they wanted at the store. Just decisions of the heart, with no though of what the end result would be.

The book we're going through is "The best question ever" by Andy Stanley

The question is not, does the Bible specifically say you can't have two large hershey bars (or whatever) The question is
In light of...
my past
In light of... my current situation
In light of... my future dreams and hopes
Is it wise for me to follow what my heart tells me?

In light of that I would have to say that, if in the past I did not compulsively gobble down both bars before I got out of the parking lot of the store, when I had intended to only take a square or two a day. If the current reality was not that I need to lose some weight. If my future hopes and dreams were to meet a nice dentist and learn to like false teeth. Then yes, I could follow my heart and do just what I wanted.

Quote: “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing” - Theodore Roosevelt

2 Comments:

At 4/15/2007 11:35 pm, Blogger litzo said...

hi im new to your blog but like it! great posts and matching cartoons. best of all i like the quotes. do you draw your cartoons on Paint?

 
At 4/16/2007 12:49 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Yes, I just use my mouse and the paint program. When I get more time I want to get better with some other method, but for now this is a quick way to draw. I have always loved quotes too.

Thanks for visiting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home