My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Monday, September 03, 2007

________________________________________________________

Stepping back in time

Today I went to a place in the country to see them making sorghum syrup from sugar cane the old fashion way. They had a system set up where the horse turns a wheel and guys were feeding the sugar cane into the center of it. I didn't actually walk down to where the syrup was coming out, but I will next time.

Quote: “Humble is the grass in the field, yet it has noble relations. All the bread grains are grass - wheat and rye, barley, sorghum and rice; maize, the great staple of America; millet, oats and sugar cane. Other things have their season but the grass is of all seasons... the common background on which the affairs of nature and man are conditioned and displayed.” - Liberty Hyde Bailey

2 Comments:

At 9/04/2007 2:30 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

That's cool! I would love to see that.

 
At 9/04/2007 9:25 am, Blogger Moggy said...

You get to watch someone make applesauce, that's something I would like to know how to do. I am curious about the sugar cane, I wonder how much I could grow in a square foot garden ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home