My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Monday, November 13, 2006

________________________________________________________

I'm cleaning today

This made me wonder why when your outside you may see a spider web, but when your inside and cleaning it's a cobweb. I was thinking what exactly is the difference.

The only kind of cob I know of is a corn cob, but I'm sure that's not what it means. Now I see that it was from and old Middle English term.

Cob was originally coppe (as in Middle English coppeweb, 1323) and later cop. It derived from Old English attercop "spider", which was formed from atter "poison" and coppe "head".

I guess I better stop worrying about what things are called and just clean the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home