My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Monday, December 18, 2006

________________________________________________________

Thank goodness for large favors

When the water was first turned on at the house, there was a huge leak under the house. It got capped off and it turned out to be just the hot water. I know that's not good, but at least all the cold water could work. It's good to have a plumber around.


Quote: The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy...neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water. (not sure of author)

2 Comments:

At 12/18/2006 3:09 pm, Blogger A Life Inspired said...

Plumbers often get little respect until a pipe breaks or a toliet stops working. Then they morph into a Knight to the rescue.

Speaking from the experience of being rescued from a broken gas line one very cold January when I had the flu and my gas heat was turned off until it could be fixed! I had no idea plumbers fixed gas lines until then! But greatful for their skill and expertise!

 
At 12/18/2006 3:23 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

I didn't know about the gas lines either, until I got to know a Plumber.

Yes they are good to have around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home