My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Monday, December 11, 2006

________________________________________________________

Meet your neighbors

Sometimes UPS brings packages. Sometimes it brings you the chance to meet one of your neighbors. I heard a knock on the door today and it was UPS dropping off a package. I opened the door and scooped it up. It was from someone in Germany.

I looked at who it was to, and it was the right house number, but the wrong street. So I looked them up and called. They were only a block or so away and at home. So we just walked to meet each other. It's a beautiful day out there too.

It was from her sister and I'm so glad I didn't just open it without looking at who it was addressed to. It was like being able to give someone a gift without having to do anything, but step out the door.

Quote: Flatter not thyself in thy faith in God if thou hast not charity for thy neighbor. - Francis Quarles

4 Comments:

At 12/11/2006 11:57 pm, Blogger Chad Oneil Myers said...

I was actually born in Germany. My Dad was in the air force.

 
At 12/12/2006 12:03 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I didn't look at the package too close, but I think it was from someone in service. I would not have wanted their package to get lost.

 
At 12/12/2006 12:03 am, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

It's such a nice feeling when you can do something for someone that means so much.
P.S. I love your paintings on the sidebar. :)

 
At 12/12/2006 12:08 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Thank you, I decided if I was going to promote anything - why not me ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home