My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

________________________________________________________

Paradigm Shift

I will try to come back and clean all this up later, but it's 2 in the morning an the inspiration hit me and woke me up.

Definition - a change from one way of thinking to another.

I will illustrate how this could take place with a pair of dimes ;-)

How can other people not see things the way that I do?

Sometimes we don't want to be proved wrong, We are so sure that we are right.

Next time you run into someone with a vastly different view than yours. Think of the pair of dimes.

What you need to do is to first be quite, let the other person explain what they think. Listen hard and try to understand what they are trying to say. Do this without trying to make them see your side.





It may be
a streach

for you
to see
their side

of things.

Then (and only then) after you fully understand what they think (you don't have to agree) It's your turn.


You can try to explain what things look like from your side.

If you are successful and actually have a Paradigm Shift for one or both of you, you will have expanded your knowledge.

Quote: He that never changes his opinion, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow that he is today. - Tyron Edwards


1 Comments:

At 12/09/2006 1:38 pm, Blogger A Life Inspired said...

True that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home