My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Monday, May 14, 2007

________________________________________________________

Today was a special day

I even got dressed up and wore makeup ;-) Actually yesterday I bought a new camera to take pictures and The Girl had some makeup that I liked, so I asked if I could try it on before I went to the store. I liked it so much that I decided to get some for myself.

I forgot that I had tried on the make up and when I got back from the store with my new makeup I went to the mirror to try it on. The Girl is more of an Ivory color than I am and so I had all these ivory places on my face where I had tried on her makeup. It was not a pretty site and now I'm wondering if the people at the store were extra nice to me because they thought I was some crazy old lady ;-)

Quote: “There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness.” - Maria Mitchell

2 Comments:

At 5/16/2007 1:10 am, Blogger A Life Inspired said...

For some bizzare reason, the thought of you walking around with ivory makeup on reminds reminds me of a dear person God allowed me to know. She had taught Etiquette at the orphanage my dad lived at when he was young. When I knew her, she was quite elderly, but a regal lady of Dallas social elegance and pedigree. A very rich, sophisticated woman. Neither of us were morning people, yet we found ourselves on a roadtrip that required us to leave very early (I was driving).

We nursed our caffienated drinks as we drove the distance, laughter filling the air the whole way! Before we got there, we decided we should comb our hair and apply lipstick. Then she asked me how she looked. I replied that she looked 'beautiful.' She said "Really, I think I look embalmed." We laughed so hard at that, as we had all morning. Then, we had to act 'grown up' to attend our event. A very good memory of a wonderful day!

 
At 5/16/2007 1:28 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Ah. Acting grown up. I need to work on that a little ;-)

I probably did look embalmed, if only I had known how to do that Michael Jackson dance from thriller. I could have hid a little tape player in my pocket with the music and then hit the button and really scared them ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home