My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

________________________________________________________

American Gothic

I love the Gothic look, but I didn't even know that this painting called "American Gothic" had that element in it.

I heard about it on the radio. The painter saw the little cottage and it had a second store window in a Gothic style. He painted it and then he ask his doctor and his sister to pose for it. His sister was much younger and didn't want people to think they were a couple. So it seems like it was supposed to be a farmer and his daughter.

Quote: “The Gothic style historically, more perhaps than any other, released architecture from its earthbound confines.” - Richard T. Feller

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home