My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

________________________________________________________

Abstract Painting

One of my friends at works wants me to do a painting for her. She showed me a couple of abstract paintings and asked me if I could do one like that.
I said "yes I could, but why would I want to?". Then I told her that I could just wipe my brush off on a canvas while I'm painting and give that to her.

Actually the more I think about I'm okay with it. I can see why she liked the painting she showed me. To me it's more of a design than a painting. just a canvas with a few blocks of color on it.

Quote: “I've been doing a lot of abstract painting lately, extremely abstract. No brush, no paint, no canvas, I just think about it.”
- Stephen Wright

5 Comments:

At 9/05/2007 3:50 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I'm not big on abstracts either. Some are okay, but I like art that actually portrays something.

 
At 9/05/2007 10:02 pm, Blogger Two Kayaks said...

Moggy,
Aside from the person asking you to paint, I have to say that this cartoon is one of the cutest I have seen you do. I love that The Cat is holing your palette!! Too cute!

As well, Steven Wright is one of my all time favorite comedians!!

*AND*

I Just realized that you have me listed as a "Kindred Spirit". Sigh...I just love that. I'm a HUGE Anne of Green Gables fan. :)

 
At 9/05/2007 11:36 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

ha ha that's not my pallet, it's the abstract painting. Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite stories and I think you are a Kindred Spirit ;-)

 
At 9/06/2007 2:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the cat can earn her keep; give her the brush and let her go at it!

-al

 
At 9/06/2007 9:38 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Al - I could at least make brushes out of cat hair, he has way too much hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home