My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Friday, October 12, 2007

________________________________________________________

What just happened

I got an email that someone I had been communicating with, wanted to reopen the match. It wasn't someone that I had been communicating with and... eharmony somehow sent them my email address by mistake.

I get an email from this guy that thinks they made a mistake and accidentally sent him my email address. He would like to reopen the communication. He included some of the back and forth communication. I wrote him "they did make a mistake I am not the person you were talking to.

So I get an email back from him saying that he understands that I don't want to communicate with him. So I write him again and say "I am not the person you were communicanting with."

I send an email to eharmony asking them to double check to see if they have the right person (I know they don't). Because I'm hoping they will send the email to the correct person he wants to connect to. Then I get another email from eharmony telling me again this guy wants to reopen the match. So I say okay, but I tell them to check because I'm not the right person.

They did reopen the account and he immediately put me "on hold" and so I closed the match.

So I sent eharmony another email that said "Never mind, you reopened it, he put me on hold and I closed it." hopefully this will keep them from reopening it again ;-/

Quote: “Love is like a Rubix Cube, there are countless numbers of wrong twists and turns, but when you get it right, it looks perfect no matter what way you look at it” - Brian Cramer

And when it's wrong, it looks wrong no matther what way you look at it - Moggy

9 Comments:

At 10/12/2007 11:37 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

How odd. I think they're just trying to keep you on your toes....:-)

 
At 10/13/2007 9:26 am, Blogger Pam said...

So eHarmony not only finds perfect matches, they mismatch people too. Now THAT'S service!

 
At 10/13/2007 8:19 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

It was weird.

 
At 10/14/2007 2:15 am, Blogger eHarmony Blog said...

Hmm, I am confused. You say he "wasn't someone that I had been communicating" yet you say, eharmony "did reopen the account and he immediately put me 'on hold' and so I closed the match."

Were you matched with this guy or not?

If yes, then I have an explanation for you. The eHarmony software never gives out its members' email addresses, ever. It's designed not to. If you get an email from one of your matches and you didn't give him your email address, then I guarantee you he got your email address from somewhere else. He may have googled you. The "some of the back and forth communication" he included may be fabrication, or with another of his eh matches.

If no, then I do not understand how you are able to close communication with people you are not talking to.

Please let me know.

eHarmonyBlog
http://www.pinoy.ca/eharmony/

 
At 10/14/2007 11:30 am, Blogger Moggy said...

EB - I went ahead and sent an email to eharmony about this along with the code they gave me, so they can check to see if they did send out the email. I do not see any other way that this could have happened.

I don't think I have enough info in my profile for this person to have gotten my email address and I was matched with them, but the match was closed immediately.

 
At 10/16/2007 10:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"eHarmonyBlog: we do not mak mixtaks! Maybe he googled you, or he may just be fabricating..."

How could he google you without a name? Don't they check people out before they accept their money, but now they tell you the problem happened because the guy may not have integrity?! ....Huh?!!!

-a

 
At 10/17/2007 12:31 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Al - eharmonyblog is not part of eharmony, they just look at it and report about it. So they have pros and cons on the site. I think it is a very rare and odd thing, but I still think they gave out my email accidentally.

 
At 10/21/2007 10:18 am, Blogger eHarmony Blog said...

Moggy, did they trace it? Did eH find out anything? Is he still accessible (visible) among your closed matches, or has he been removed?

 
At 10/21/2007 2:17 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

They didn't get back to me on it, and I just looked and he is still there.

When I wrote to them about the issue, I sent it to the security section of their site and at the same time I told them I was not having a problem. I didn't want to get him in trouble if the fault was theirs.

I think I'm going to take a break from eharmony for a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home