My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

________________________________________________________

Low Cal Fake Ice cream Sandwich

For a low calorie substitute when you want ice cream try this.

I bought a box of Low Fat Honey Grams (60 calories for each gram cracker) and a container of sugar free cool whip (25 cal for 2 tablespoons).

Break one cracker in half and put two tablespoons of cool whip on it. Put the other half on top and put it in the freezer - So that's an 85 calories snack when you feel like you have to have something sweet.

I know that you can buy a box of low fat ice cream bars, but between you and me I can't eat just one if I do that.

History Lesson: The "graham cracker" is named after Reverend Sylvester Graham (1794-1851) He used a coarsely ground wheat flour which came to be named after him.

4 Comments:

At 10/02/2007 11:23 pm, Blogger Pam said...

I know what you mean. Your recipe sounds yummy but I'd have to finish the box of graham crackers while I waited for the low cal ice cream sandwich to freeze...

 
At 10/02/2007 11:52 pm, Blogger Nankin said...

My problems is, I'd want to put the whole carton of Cool Whip between two crackers and eat it that way.

 
At 10/03/2007 12:44 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I love COol Whip! Yummy....but there's no chocolate in your snack. It's not "right" unless it has chocolate....:-)

 
At 10/03/2007 1:12 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I guess you can have a cup of hot cocoa with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home