My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

________________________________________________________

Atonement

I heard a guy on the radio explaining atonement. That's not really a word I think about much. He said that when he was a kid he and his brother would fight in the back seat. It was a large car and his dad could not reach them when he was driving to punish them. But after he got enough of it he would say "just wait till we get home".

If it wasn't for Jesus taking our place (atonement) we might get away with this or that here on earth, but we would be in big trouble when we get home.

Quote: and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus - Romans 3:24-26

1 Comments:

At 2/26/2009 5:42 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

My mom used to say, "I'll make you walk home!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home