My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

________________________________________________________

Apples from Seed

I had an apple and one of the seeds just fell out in my hand... that got me to thinking. Can you grow an apple from a seed.

Well yes you can, but you will not know what you will get. They don't grow apples from seeds they graft them and for some strange reason if you plant a seed you may not get an apple that is like the one you are eating.

Quote: Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.- Martin Luther

4 Comments:

At 4/23/2009 2:57 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

"Tis true. My daughter has been trying to grow an apple from the seed for a long time. Never seems to work.

 
At 4/24/2009 2:08 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I think if I can grow one from a tree I would be doing good. I want to plant some fruit trees this year.

 
At 4/25/2009 6:47 pm, Anonymous Two Kayaks said...

My friend Craig has a stick that has grown from an apple seed. He waters that stick every single day. There's nothing in the world like a hopeless romantic.

 
At 5/06/2009 1:21 am, Blogger Moggy said...

2K - I never thought of growing a tree as romantic.... I may have to try growing one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home