My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

________________________________________________________

Something I wrote long ago


As you may know my parents house burned down in January, it was pretty complete and the things that we salvaged from it would probably fit in a plastic storage tub. When that happens the things that you do pull out are more meaningful than they were before somehow. Things that were in a box in the bottom of a closet in the center of the house and somehow managed to only be slightly burned.

We brought a handful of photos home to dry out from all the water that put out the fire. In with that I unfolded a page that had a poem/song I had written sometime over 16 years ago. The edges were only slightly burned. Here it is.

I asked the Lord to come into my life
but not too far

I asked the Lord "please change my life
but leave things the way they are"

I ask the Lord to be my guide
but just where I wanted to go

I ask the Lord to show me truth
but just what I wanted to know

Now I'm asking you Lord to come into my life
all the way

Lord please change my Tomorrow
starting with Today

3 Comments:

At 2/03/2010 4:58 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

That is beautiful, Moggy.

 
At 2/03/2010 7:12 pm, Blogger Nankin said...

Oh, how true.

 
At 2/16/2010 11:12 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Thanks. I was really surprized to see it. I'm always writing things and then not keeping up with them. My Mom or Dad must have found this one and tucked it away somewhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home