My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

________________________________________________________

I't s only about 4 days till Christmas

Another Christmas memory. When I was in first grade I was sick with the Chicken Pox at Christmas and I remember getting a paper doll with real hair on it. (Well it may have been fake hair)

My Mom had put a perminent in my hair and cut my bangs straight accross. I also had glasses in the first grade. So this is sort of what I looked like with my paper doll. I know it's not the only gift I got, but it's the one I remember.

I always especially liked paperdolls. Maybe because you could store them in a small box under the bed and take them places. They were great for making up stories.

Quote: This is Christmas: not the tinsel, not the giving and receiving, not even the carols, but the humble heart that receives anew the wondrous gift, the Christ.--Frank McKibben

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12/20/2006 6:14 am, Blogger A Life Inspired said...

I was sick one year too when I was young. I was coming down with the flu on Christmas Eve and my throat hurt really bad. I didn't want to tell anyone ... I was afraid Christmas wouldn't happen if people knew I was sick.

 
At 12/20/2006 11:28 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I have been sick a lot of times at Christmas for some reason or another.

May we all be well this Christmas.

 
At 12/20/2006 4:20 pm, Blogger ßrutal¦Honey© said...

I used to have a couple of paper dolls too. They were always really fun to play with.

I always end up coming down with something around the holidays. I remember being really excited to go trick or treating and then I got sick with the flu the exact day of Halloween.

I was not a happy camper. ;)

 
At 12/20/2006 11:44 pm, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I have never been sick (that I can recall)on Christmas (can you hear me knocking on wood?).

 
At 12/21/2006 12:10 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I am not sick as much now as I was as a child. Maybe I will just get healthier and healthier as I get older ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home