My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

________________________________________________________

Hot Pavement

I went for a two mile walk after work with a young co-worker. I couldn't keep up with her and my shoes hurt my feet so I took them off. I burned a blister on the bottom of my driving foot ;-(

When I was a kid I could walk on hot pavement and not get hurt. Someone suggested I should have started earlier in the year while the weather was cooler and built up to it, but I didn't. Maybe next year.

Quote: “If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable...” - Mitch Hedberg

4 Comments:

At 7/18/2007 12:54 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

My kids run outside on our driveway (which is all ROCKS!) all the time in bare feet. I think they're nuts. They got that from me.....:-)

 
At 7/18/2007 4:44 pm, Blogger Two Kayaks said...

Wear running shoes...it will help with your blister prone feet. :)

 
At 7/18/2007 7:43 pm, Blogger Patterson Tweed said...

You could wear jogging shoes but that would "defeat" the purpose!
Take off your shoes and throw them away, come back and get em another day!
Barefootin!!!!!!

 
At 7/18/2007 9:15 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

janet - yeah I was able to walk on rock too, but now I can feel them a lot more.

TK - I have hiking shoes, just didn't have them with me.

billy - "defeet" are feeling a lot better today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home