My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Monday, July 09, 2007

________________________________________________________

Sidekick

The sermon yesterday at my church was about being and having a sidekick. He made all of us hold up our foot up to the side and it looked pretty funny ;-)

You would have to be there, but the point was that we need each other and when you are down someone else can lift you up. Then where they are down you can lift them up. Maybe not with a kick, but with words or help.


Quote: “Success and failure. We think of them as opposites, but they're really not. They're companions - the hero and the sidekick.” - Laurence Shames [I am not sure what Laurence meant, but I'm thinking that everyone may think of you as a failure, but if you were the sidekick to someone they think is a success, then that success is also your success]

4 Comments:

At 7/09/2007 10:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really thought you would have been inspired to draw a "belly map" after yesterday's sermon! You almost need a seatbelt to listen to him; such quick wit :-)

Glad you made it back safely!
~a life

 
At 7/09/2007 3:52 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Sidekicks are so important! I agree!

 
At 7/09/2007 8:32 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

A.L. - As soon as I find out a little more about the belly map I will draw one just for you.

janet - yes if you lived down here, or I lived up there we could make each other act right ;-)

 
At 7/10/2007 2:46 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Don't know if that would ever happen.....you are just too silly....:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home