My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

________________________________________________________

It was a long day

I drove about 50 miles to my old Church and had lunch with friends. Then I worked on going through some things that I have in storage at my parents house.

It was too late when I got home to make it to my new Church, but I was able to catch them at a restaurant where they went afterward.

I came home and mowed the front yard, it was dark by the time I got the back and I saw fireflies. The grass get too high and I think that's what they like, but I love fireflies.

Quote: “What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.”
- Crowfoot quote

4 Comments:

At 8/06/2007 7:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At Robyn's father's funeral a few months back, they told this really sweet story. The night before he died, the grandkids at been at his ranch and they'd caught fireflies and put them in a jar. He told them that the next day, the fireflies would turn into lightbulbs. After the kids had gone to bed, he released the fireflies and put light bulbs in the jar for them to find when they awoke. He passed away that morning, just after church. I think that is such a great memory for those kids.

-al

 
At 8/06/2007 8:47 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

That is a great memory. I hope I leave some good memories to my friends and family.

 
At 8/07/2007 1:09 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I have never seen a firefly. I'm curious about them...

 
At 8/07/2007 1:49 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I know that you can buy lady bugs for your garden, it would be neat if you could buy fireflies. If you see them in the light, they don't look all that great, but in the dark they make me think of little fairies flying around with their light.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home