My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

________________________________________________________

OOPs I may be in trouble

I've been working on this giant spreadsheet and I turned in what I thought was the signed off copy yesterday to the contractors. My boss looked at it and saw something that we had not talked about, so he sent me a note to stop by his office this morning. I think it was a decision that I made without asking and it may have been the wrong one.

Quote:
“Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties.” - Doug Larson [I don't think this is true, but it was a good quote to add ;-)]

3 Comments:

At 7/31/2007 11:31 am, Blogger Two Kayaks said...

Oh dear. You could pass it off by saying that you made the decision so that he would not have to be bothered with the details. Perhaps he will be impressed with your autonomy.

 
At 7/31/2007 6:45 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I hope it works out okay!

 
At 8/01/2007 12:12 am, Blogger Moggy said...

It all worked out. I got up really early and went in and put in the changes in the spreadsheet. Then I went by my bosses office and he wasn't there. I went ahead and turned it in as final, because I didn't see him. He was in meetings until 2:00 which let me worry for a long time, but at 2:00 we happened to be in the same meeting and he said "good job" now why did I have to do all that worrying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home