My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

________________________________________________________

Sunday Lesson

A guy on the radio said that when he hears people asking the Holy Spirit to come down, or to come to them, he thinks it's odd. He says that the Holy Spirit is already in us if we are Christians.

Some of my friends believe we Christians are still controlled by our sinful nature. This verse doesn't sound like that's true.

Quote: "You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ" (Romans 8:9).

2 Comments:

At 8/12/2007 8:22 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

This is always something I struggle with. I know that we are sinful by nature, but now that we have Christ, we are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. How then, do we still sin? Does our sinful nature "take over" then? Always confuses me.

 
At 8/12/2007 11:13 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

I have looked on-line about this and it's amazing the different things that people believe.

I just want to be more sensitive to the guidance of the Holy Spirit and see how it goes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home