My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

________________________________________________________

Wedding Shower

Today's big event is a Wedding Shower. It's for a friend who has been single for a really long time. She seems to be really happy and I'm happy for her. They met online.

When I say that I would like to get married again, I have some married friends who tell me "don't do it". They assume that being single offers more freedom than being married.

Even though I am trying out eharmony and I would like to have someone special in my life, it does scare me a little.

Quote: “Marriage is like the army. Everybody complains, but you'd be surprised at how many re-enlist.” - not sure who wrote this

4 Comments:

At 8/11/2007 1:15 pm, Blogger Two Kayaks said...

We have been married for almost 11 years (not a long time by any stretch of the imagination) but love marriage and all that it entails. Marrying one's best friend is the key, I think.
I'm not a fan of showers, but I hope you have a good time today.

 
At 8/11/2007 8:17 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I'm with K1- I think the key is to marry your best friend. Romance is really nice, but if you're not friends, then it's hard to make it work. (IMHO)

 
At 8/12/2007 2:08 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I do think you have a point. If you jump in too quick sometimes you can marry someone that you would never have even wanted for a friend. At least that's what I did ;-/

 
At 8/18/2007 3:32 pm, Blogger Trish D said...

Another quote:

"A first marriage is the triumph of hope over experience." - Samuel Johnson

I'm still on my first one, and we just celebrated our 11th anniversary last month. Has it been rough? Absolutely! But I wouldn't trade it for anything. We were very good friends before we even started dating, so we had a firm foundation before "looooooove" came into the picture. What a joy to share my life with someone who understands me (well, for the most part!), encourages me (but never at the expense of honesty) and can keep me laughing to boot. And I pray that I can do the same for him...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home