My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

________________________________________________________

Don't Give In except to God

I'm such a people pleaser, but I guess I would rather be known as such a God pleaser. I'm going to have to work on that. This verse from the daily Bible reading just sort of jumped out at me.

I know it's true that I can't be the best that I can be when I'm giving in to what other people want. When what they want goes against what God wants.

Quote: “I can't control my destiny, I trust my soul, my only goal is just to be. There's only now, there's only here. Give in to love or live in fear. No other path, no other way. No day but today.” - Johnathan Larson

2 Comments:

At 10/21/2007 1:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew....at first I thought this had something to do with the hunger strike.

-al

 
At 10/22/2007 1:48 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I'm the same. A people pleaser. It does lead to some pretty big problems. Ever read "When People are Big and God is Small" by Ed. T. Welch? Good book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home