My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

________________________________________________________

House Numbers

I got a note from the city that I need to put more visible house numbers on my house. I got some, but my screwdriver doesn't fit the skews on them. That being said I just now thought that I could use other screws on them.

I meant to get the numbers up today, but actually was too tired and just came home and slept, so I'll put them up tomorrow.

Quote:
No law or ordinance is mightier than understanding. - Plato (okay I do understand that they want to be able to clearly read my house number)

5 Comments:

At 6/14/2008 12:26 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I think you should spray paint them on your house, about three feet high. In bright pink. Couldn't miss them then.

 
At 6/14/2008 9:30 am, Blogger Moggy said...

janet - sometimes I have to wonder if you have my best interest at heart ;-)

 
At 6/14/2008 8:16 pm, Blogger Nankin said...

I finally agreed to get my number painted on the curb when I realized the painters took them off the garage last year. Hey, I know where I live, why do I need a number?

 
At 6/15/2008 1:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! I see great potential for a Moggy moment.

An upside down 9 becomes a 6. An upside down 0 is, oh yeah, still a 0. Numbers in reverse order. Tell me you did not attempt this Friday, June 13!

p.s.
After 3 weeks, 1 day, 3 hospitals, 2 ICU units, 1 Step Down Unit, 4 cardiologists, 2 cardiac surgeons, 1 neurologists, 4 internists, 1 hemo doc, 2 pulmonary docs, numerous nurses, nurse managers, PCTs, transporters, technicians, X-rays, IVs, lots of blood and platelet transfusions, doppler sonograms, blood labs, and pulmonary effusion, got her through quad bypass, a 2nd open heart surgery in the same day, congestive heart failure, 2 blood clots in her legs, and several other medical issues. It's been incredibly stressful and exhausting -- but we are finally home!

 
At 6/15/2008 11:19 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Nankin - I did think about getting a black marker and drawing them on the curb. I could add a cartoon ;-)

Al - The numbers make me think of video "The Date Adventure" where he goes to the house marked 999 and when he knocks all the numbers fall and become 666 ;-)

I'm so glad your Mom is finially out of the hospital. I'm sorry that I have not been in much contact with you through this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home