My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

________________________________________________________

Hey everyone look at my inspection sticker

I went to get a new one today because mine is past due about 5 days. The place was like a drive through. The guy marked my inspection sticker with a marker so they would know along the line that I was getting an inspection.

Then when I gave him my insurance paper it was also about 5 days past due. That means I had to drive away without my inspection and with my inspection sticker marked. I ended up behind a police car, but lucky for me he turned off and didn't get me.

It was The Girl's car and I'm not used to it so I went to get food at a fast food place on the way to Church and hit my head on the top of the door frame - ouch. Then I got to church and I was squeezing catchup out of one of those little packets and got it on my pants ;-(

Quote: He is truly wise who gains wisdom from another's mishap - Publilius Syrus [I hope that everyone reading my blog is a little wiser today ;-)]

4 Comments:

At 8/06/2008 3:05 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Inspection sticker? Is this some weird American thing I should know about? :-)

 
At 8/06/2008 9:44 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Once a year you have to get your car inspected to be sure it's road worthy. They check to be sure it's not putting out too much pollution and the brakes work, stuff like that. They put the sticker on the windshield. It's have big numbers on it for the year and month, so it's easy to see when it's old.

I would think they have something like that in Canada.

 
At 8/07/2008 2:46 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

No, here we just drive horses and buggies. It's way better for the environment, but a little more stinky sometimes.

 
At 8/19/2008 2:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a bad habit of getting my state sticker at the grocery store, then never get around to scraping the old one off and putting on the new one. SO I drive around town with the new one in the glovebox - I got pulled over once for the expired sticker and the officer was testy to learn I actually had a current sticker. Nowadays, I see the cop make a u-turn, pull in behind me, and I guess they radio in my tags, learn my sticker is actually current, then head off in pursuit of some other 'criminal'...I really need to get that sticker out of my glovebox now and go put it on! Seriously, it's been in there since May!

alifeinspired.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home