My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

________________________________________________________

Yes I have Junk in my Life

I've been struggling lately because I can't seem to stay away from some things like the news. I was following one story (really following) I thought when it got resolved I could stop reading the news, but I just happened to notice another.

Now there are about 4 things I feel this way about. There are really bad things happening in the world, but our focus can't be always on them and not on good things. Especially when they take our focus off of God.

Yes I can pray for them, but I don't have to cling to every new little bit of information that comes out about them. God already has all the information and why don't I just look to him?

Quote: To a philosopher all news, as it is called, is gossip, and they who edit it and read it are old women over their tea - Henry David Thoreau

3 Comments:

At 7/28/2008 2:58 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Sometimes the news can be so depressing. It just overwhelms you! You're right....we need to trust in Him.

 
At 7/28/2008 3:49 pm, Blogger Two Kayaks said...

I have stopped watching the news on television and only listen to part of it on the radio. I think they glorify the bad stuff too much.

 
At 7/29/2008 12:13 am, Blogger Moggy said...

It's not the TV that causes me trouble it's the internet. News 24/7 and if that's not bad enought there are people discussing it too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home