My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

________________________________________________________

Work Picnic

Our work group has something every now and then and today we had a picnic. It was going to rain and we knew it, but still the decision was made to go ahead with our plans.

Almost everyone made it into the pavilion before it rained too hard and some of the guys even played football out in the rain. Most of us just played bingo.

I won a little picture holder. It's a little cube with flowers floating in water and a little spring and clip on top to hold the picture.

All our gifts were in grab bags and you just had to choose one. They were actually things someone was going to toss away after cleaning out their office since we just moved. Now that is being green and reusing things ;-)

My windshield wiper blades were so bad and it was raining so hard that I had to stop for new ones on the way home. I waited for the rain to let up to drive and haven't put them on yet, but I think I can.

4 Comments:

At 10/17/2008 4:45 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

You get rain there? Isn't it perpetually sunny? ;-)

 
At 10/17/2008 9:28 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

That is West Texas, where they have sand, snakes and tumbleweed. We get a fair amount of rain.

 
At 10/17/2008 10:31 pm, Blogger Pam said...

You should save the old wiper blades for next year's picnic grab bags!
;-)

 
At 10/18/2008 9:54 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Good idea Pam, I could make a mobile by hanging little toy cars from them ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home