My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

________________________________________________________

More on my camping trip

My camping buddy decided to dig up a small century plant. It was near a cactus and he didn't think that the cactus would get him. It did.

If any of you are thinking about digging near a cactus, jeans are not enough protection. Don't do it.

I didn't see any deer or wild hogs this time. There were deer around, but I have trouble being quiet enough so that I don't scare them away. I did see an armadillo a couple of times and a snake.

Then we went for a ride in the go-cart in the hill country. We ran out of gas. He had to push till we got back to the down hill part and could roll part of the way back.

Oh and I'm still keeping my weight down and working on losing a little more. We had a lot of food and someone brought brownies with chocolate chips in them. I was not able to resist that.

Quote: In the middle ages, people took potions for their ailments. In the 19th century they took snake oil. Citizens of today's shiny, technological age are too modern for that. They take antioxidants and extract of cactus instead. - Charles Krauthammer

5 Comments:

At 10/15/2008 4:25 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I have always wanted to see an armadillo! The snake, I could do without.

 
At 10/15/2008 10:42 pm, Blogger Pam said...

What's a century plant?? It sounds old. Or maybe it gets old..?

 
At 10/15/2008 10:45 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

janet, we don't have them all over the place, but maybe someday you will get to come to Texas and see and armadillo.

pam - They say it blooms every century, but I think it blooms a little more often than that. It's real purpose is to lure people into backing into cactus ;-)

 
At 10/17/2008 10:29 pm, Blogger Pam said...

This information will be filed under "why I don't garden" and cross-referenced to "why I don't go camping."
;-)

 
At 10/18/2008 9:55 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Pam, you can garden and go camping, I heard that duct tape works for pulling out the cactus stickers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home