My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Monday, June 29, 2009

________________________________________________________

Time for a Change

After I had my tooth extracted and was recovering from that the air conditioner went out at my house. I didn't feel like dealing with it and you know how cool it is in Texas this time of year (not). I picked up a portable air conditioner for a temporary soultion and the cat and I have been wilting like the flowers in my flowerbed.

I'm calling the repair man today.

On the upside I think I now understand why my grandfather always got up at 3 in the morning - that the only time it's cool enough to do anything.

Quote: Some people change their ways when they see the light; others when they feel the heat - Caroline Schoeder - This is especially meaningful to me right now. If I had taken better care of my teeth I would not be having the issues I'm having now and If I had kept my house cleaner I would have just called the repair man first thing.

4 Comments:

At 6/29/2009 8:25 pm, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Oh, how I wish we lived closer. Joel's friend had his air conditioner break down last week (in the middle of a 102F heat wave). Joel went over and *poof* he fixed it! I hope that you can get cool soon!

 
At 6/29/2009 9:31 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

I wish we lived closer too, only in my mind that would mean you living in Texas, not me living in Canada ;-)

 
At 6/30/2009 2:06 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I'm sorry. I'm a true blue Canadian. I can't IMAGINE that heat. Ugh.

 
At 7/13/2009 9:30 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

I actually have to go outside and thaw out sometimes. It's 103 here today and they have it so cold at work that I was freezing all day. I did actually go down two flights of stairs and out the door into the heat for a little while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home