My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Thursday, June 04, 2009

________________________________________________________

Homemade Olla

I have been wanting an olla (pronounced oi ya) for a while. It's an unglazed clay container that holds water. You put it in the ground and plant around it. Then you put water in it which seeps out slowly to your plant. So if you are someone who can't or doesn't get around to watering often this seems like something that would really help.

I found a suggestion of using a clay wine cooler with the clay saucer as a lid.

It cost less and is easier to find. So yesterday I found four of these that I'm going to try. The plan is to put them inside a container and put in dirt and a couple of plants and see what happens.

Quote:
I have a rock garden. Last week three of them died. - Richard Diran

2 Comments:

At 6/04/2009 8:06 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I just don't "do" plants. Then I never have to worry about watering them. :-)

 
At 6/05/2009 5:49 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

Well maybe one of your vast number of kids will be into plants ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home