My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

________________________________________________________

I taught a class today

It went really well last time there was one person who looked uninterested the entire time and then put on their evaluation that they did not like some things about the class. This time everyone marked that the instructor (me) did a good job. ;-)

There was one bad thing today I made a mistake about a week ago by accidentally swapping out a 2 and 6 on something I ordered from the art department. So I asked for the image to be 260 pixels wide, but what I wanted was 620. They tried to tell me, but noooo I didn't understand and when I finally got the image.... I was like this is too short and they had to explain once again that this was exactly what I ordered.

They finally gave me what I wanted and not just what I asked for and I put it on the web page I was working on and it didn't fit --- somethings just don't seem to be meant to be. I have a meeting Friday with someone to try to make it fit on the page as it should have. I know that I don't talk about work much, but today was a mix of good and bad. I was glad everyone liked the class, but I really hate it when I make a mistake. Especially one that I don't seem to be able to comprehend even when I"m being told about it.

Quote: Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 Comments:

At 8/13/2009 12:15 am, Anonymous Two Kayaks said...

Glad that the class went well. Will you do it again?

 
At 8/13/2009 9:08 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I do have one more scheduled this year. I probably will be the one presenting it.

 
At 8/13/2009 4:09 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Hooray for the teach! Glad it went well! Your class must have thought it was real cool to have a cartoon for a teacher. And you're probably wwaaaaaay better than the teacher from Charlie Brown. She's soooo boring.

 
At 8/14/2009 8:52 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I did try to be a little easier to understand than wa wa wa wa wa. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home