My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

________________________________________________________

I did not know this

When I went on the retreat my friend T.R. who went with me told me something I did not know. Something that amazed me.

I don't see how anyone can go through life and not feel every now and then a total wonder at God's creation.

Did you know that when the caterpillar makes a cocoon that before he becomes a butterfly... inside of that cocoon he turns to goo. Yes to goo. I thought he was sort of the body part of the butterfly and just grew wings somehow.

Not being one to just believe that sort of thing I looked it up and I am amazed. I have thought of the butterfly as a symbol of the resurrection of a person... and of the cocoon as like being in the grave, but this new information just blows me away.

2 Comments:

At 3/27/2007 11:41 am, Blogger A Life Inspired said...

I did not know that about the butterfly either. But it is kind of like our life. Sometimes God lets us go through some really ugly stuff to bring out our true beauty. I really like the butterfly you drew; very pretty.

 
At 3/28/2007 12:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to read more about those butterfly's transformation from a caterpillar when I get the time.

Moggy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home