My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Monday, March 19, 2007

________________________________________________________

A New Start

I picked up some healthy things that I can put in my desk at work, so when I'm tempted by a twinkie or bag of M&M's It will be easier to say no.

I think we should eat to live and not just to make our taste buds happy or to mask our feelings and especially not just out of habit. I have fed my body a lot of stuff that I know was of no use to it at all.

Quote: “As you get older, the pickings get slimmer, but the people don't” - Carrie Fisher

6 Comments:

At 3/19/2007 9:58 am, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

It's so hard to do this consistently isn't it? I try to think of my body like a machine and to treat it as such. It also helps to remember that my mom has had open heart surgery and my genes are flawed. I have to eat well and live well.

 
At 3/19/2007 10:04 am, Blogger Moggy said...

It helps me to remember that my Mom has had strokes and has a pacemaker, so I'm with you on that.

My Mom is still able to get around and she has my Dad, but I'm single and for the most part I have to take care of myself.

My friend suggested that I post my scale cartoon on my refrigerator and I'm thinking of putting it up on my cube at work.

 
At 3/20/2007 12:38 am, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Sorry about your mom. It makes it extra hard when we have it in our genes. I think that putting the cartoon up on your fridge is a good idea...some people even put mirrors on their fridges! My mantra is, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". Now if I could only get rid of my peanut butter addiction.

 
At 3/20/2007 12:47 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I did have one diet coke today, but did good other than that. I don't even like diet cokes, but I wouldn't let myself have a non diet one. It should not be too hard to give up something I don't even like. - I do like diet Dr. Pepper though.

 
At 3/20/2007 2:12 am, Blogger A Life Inspired said...

It's good to have the healthy snacks within reach--helps with the temptation! Nuts and fresh fruits I've found to be a good mid-day snack!

 
At 3/20/2007 9:47 am, Blogger Moggy said...

My cube neighbor keeps coming over and eating nuts ;-) I guess I need to get a bigger bag. I do need to get some fresh fruit to take to work.

I had power bars, but just ran out. I don't know if I will replace them, they are too much like candy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home