My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

________________________________________________________

Future Flowers

I soaked some Morning Glory seeds over night so I can plant them today. I have an idea that I would like them growing on my back fence. I would also like to keep my yard a little better - hence the greener grass.

Everything is very green right now and I need to trim the rose bushes because they have really grown. I wouldn't mind if all the growth was in my yard, but I don't want to disturb neighbors.

My bushes are all bloomed out too and the big three is the back yard that I was afraid might have been dead has leaves. It should bloom after it gets going a little.

I also got some larkspur seeds to put out. They should have been out earlier, but hey I am not a gardener. I will probably get some okra seeds also - that's what I had the best luck with last year.

I saw the a bunny sitting outside of my little garden spot , I guess waiting to see what I would plant so he could try to eat it. ;-)

Quote: "One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon-instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.” - Dale Carnegie

4 Comments:

At 4/01/2007 1:17 pm, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Best of luck with all of your flowers! I have a black thumb and cannot get motivated to do much with my garden. It's still too cold to plant anything here in Canada, but I do want to plant some Roses of Sharon this year.

 
At 4/01/2007 9:12 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

It got into the 80s here today and it's just the beginning, but lucky for me I don't mind the heat as much as some people.

 
At 4/01/2007 11:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave and I got up at 6am on Saturday for the official blessing of the Community Garden. Then, we started planting...tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, squash, and marigolds to deflect the bad bugs. Then, we came home and worked in our yard ALL day, fighting weeds, planting flowers, and cutting back ground cover that was plotting to take over! Very, very tired girl and sore, achy muscles at the end of the day! Good luck with your Morning Glories!
~alva

 
At 4/02/2007 12:19 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I didn't get all that done, but I did mow the front yard, no small feat. Some of the weeds were pretty big, but hollow, so they were not hard to cut and toss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home