My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Friday, June 15, 2007

________________________________________________________

bourbon pecan pie

Desert and Cough Medicine all in one.

I had bourbon pecan pie for the first time. That's what everyone else was having and I didn't hear the waitress very well and didn't realize it was going to have bourbon in it.

They say the alcohol burns off, but it's the taste of alcohol that I don't like, so why would they put the stuff into a desert.

It had enough sugar in it that I was able to eat it in spite of the bourbon and so maybe it will help me with my speedy recovery.

Quote: "This is the closest I'm going to get to Bourbon Street this year. I'm going to enjoy it." - Jill Clark

6 Comments:

At 6/16/2007 1:42 am, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Alcohol does not belong in dessert, that is for sure. Hope you start to feel better soon, sweet girl.

 
At 6/16/2007 12:24 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

I'm going to get a lot of rest this weekend, although I have LOTs of stuff that I need to be doing.

 
At 6/16/2007 2:26 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I'm with you on this one. I hate the taste of alcohol too, especially in dessert! My aunt makes this trifle that would be sooooo good if she wouldn't absolutely SOAK it in alcohol. I can't stand it!

 
At 6/16/2007 6:49 pm, Blogger A Life Inspired said...

Did you go back to the Brown Diet again?! I thought we discussed that!

 
At 6/16/2007 6:56 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

janet - I don't know what trifle is, but I'm sure it's better not soaked in alcohol. I have a friend who makes rum balls and sometimes brings them to work.

inspired - It was someone's birthday celebration, so it was an exception.

 
At 6/16/2007 7:21 pm, Blogger A Life Inspired said...

I would think work would be more fun with rum balls! At least Capt'n Jack would agree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home