My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Monday, June 18, 2007

________________________________________________________

Father's Day Report

A few weeks ago I went to my parents house in the country to recoup. It was raining and I left some muddy boots on the porch by the door meaning to bring them home with me. My Dad washed them off and scrubbed the bottoms with an old toothbrush. He washed out the inside and oiled the outside and stuffed them with newspaper and put them outside on a board to dry.

I was really touched by his kindness.

Quote: “My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” - Clarence B. Kelland

9 Comments:

At 6/18/2007 2:02 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

What a sweetie your dad is! And yes, I do have a nose. It's hiiiiigh up in the air.....:-)

 
At 6/18/2007 2:11 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

ha ha ha I need to make a Janet cartoon.

Yes my Dad is a sweetie.

 
At 6/18/2007 8:32 pm, Blogger The Family Jewels said...

I just found your blog through a couple of other blogs and enjoyed reading a few of your entries. It is great to read some humor after a rough few weeks. Thank you for the smile.

 
At 6/18/2007 8:38 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

Jewel - thank you very much. People have laughed at me my entire life and I used to hate it because really I wasn't trying to be funny back then, but then I got sort of used to it and now I can even enjoy laughing with them ;-)

 
At 6/19/2007 12:20 pm, Blogger A Life Inspired said...

Your Dad looks kinda like Jimmy Buffet.

Your Dad really showed his love by taking care of his little girl's boots. You are blessed. I bet he is really proud of you!

 
At 6/19/2007 2:38 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

My Dad is better looking that Jimmy Buffet (at least to me)

I think he is proud of me, but at the same time he is aware of some of my Character Defects and lucky for me he is not someone who expects perfection. ;-)

 
At 6/19/2007 6:23 pm, Blogger Nankin said...

What a sweet post.

 
At 6/19/2007 8:34 pm, Blogger Pam said...

Aaawwww... sweet.

Are you feeling better?

 
At 6/19/2007 8:42 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

Yes, but I'm not well yet ;-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home