My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

________________________________________________________

It just will not stop raining

We have had a lot of flooding in Texas and where I live, it hasn't been a big problem to me.

I was going to get all my painting stuff together and the lights went out for a long time.

I found out that I was not prepared for that sort of thing. I would say I will be next time, but it's been years and years since I had to go for any length of time without electricity, so I will probably not be ready next time either.

Quote: “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” - Helen Keller

6 Comments:

At 6/30/2007 12:24 pm, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

We have been hearing about the flooding andhave been thinking about you, Moggy. Hope you are safe.
I love the cartoon today!

 
At 6/30/2007 1:32 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I think I have my head in the sand because I haven't heard about it. I hope you don't have problems from it!
Our electricity goes out quite a bit in this season because we get a lot of thunderstorms. It usually only lasts a few hours, but we can't use any water when it does go out, which can be kinda hard.

 
At 6/30/2007 7:09 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

kathy - I'm safe except for the "claws" ;-) Event with that I'm safer than a mouse at Janet's house.

janet - We have had 11 deaths due to flooding, but it's not exactly in the area I live in. The ground is squishy when you walk across the yard and there is water standing in places where you don't usually see water. I'm kind of spoiled with having electricity almost all the time.

 
At 7/02/2007 4:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, too bad you didn't have your stuff with you when the lights went out...you could have painted the 'color blind' series.

~A Life

 
At 7/02/2007 4:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...don't forget the mushrooms that are sprouting up in all of the soggy yards!

~A Life

 
At 7/02/2007 8:28 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

A.L. - I do like mushrooms, and they are really squishy ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home