My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

________________________________________________________

Butter vs margarine

I got an email telling how bad margarine is and that it is just one molecule away from being plastic. I don't think the second part is true, but I do think it's not as good for you as real butter.

I do wonder what kind of shape those of us who didn't eat real food will be in as we get older.

Quote: “Deliberation, n.: The act of examining one's bread to determine which side it is buttered on.” - Ambrose Bierce

6 Comments:

At 7/05/2007 11:57 am, Blogger Two Kayaks said...

I try to stay away from all things processed. I eat real sugar, not the subsitutes and eat real butter. I'm not sure what effect this will have on me later in life, but it sure tastes good right now!

 
At 7/05/2007 1:39 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I was raised on margarine my whole life. My mom NEVER bought butter. I don't like the taste of it now. It's too....I don't know, it's just too.... buttery.

 
At 7/05/2007 5:11 pm, Blogger Nankin said...

I was raised on margarine, too. Although I like butter, I seldom spend the extra money.

Regardless of what you eat, someone will "prove" that it's bad for you.

Kind of like chocolate. But now it's suddenly good for you again. Go figure.

 
At 7/05/2007 9:11 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

T.K.- you just keep staying away from processed stuff, I think that is best.

janet & nankin - I was also raised on margarine, but I do think that butter is better. My Mom told me when margarine first came out it was white with a little yellow food color to mix in to make it yellow so it would look like butter.

 
At 7/09/2007 7:00 pm, Blogger Patterson Tweed said...

What what you eat, there is little margarine for error.

 
At 7/09/2007 8:33 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

billy - There must be some margarine for error ;-), because I never did eat like I was supposed to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home