My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

________________________________________________________

Casual Thursday

It's susposed to start raining today. So I guess I will not get to finish mowing. When will I learn to mow first instead of waiting till the last minute.

I get to wear jeans to work, because we are having a fund raiser. I had to pay to wear jeans, but it's for a good (hopefully) cause.

Quote: “The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but you still have to mow it.” - author ?

4 Comments:

At 8/16/2007 2:16 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I have actually been outside on my lawn tractor while thundering is booming around me, just to get it done before it rains. Um....helllloo? Not a good idea.

 
At 8/16/2007 9:53 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

I have an electric lawnmower, so I haven't pushed that. If I didn't I would be out there because I love thunderstorms.

 
At 8/17/2007 1:06 am, Blogger New Fool said...

When I was a teenager my mom used to try to get me to mow the lawn. I would either flat-out refuse or say I'd do it later. She'd keep bugging me to do it, and then she'd make some vague threat about bad consequences for me if I didn't start mowing by a certain time. The time would come, and she'd yell at me to do it right away. And I'd say no. Then I would watch from my bedroom window as she walked out to the shed, quickly and violently, jerked the lawnmower out violently, and proceed to mow the lawn in the most violent and angry manner possible. I would look out my window, laughing with joy at how funny she looked. To this day, it's a wonderful memory for me that always brings a smile.

Moggy, I hope you have some moderate weather soon for a pleasant lawnmowing experience.

 
At 8/17/2007 9:55 am, Blogger Moggy said...

New - My Mother would clean in that manner, except I don't remember her asking for any help. It always caused me trouble because the only example I had was a violently angry person cleaning house. It wasn't an example I could follow. I'm still struggling to find my own way to do things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home