My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

________________________________________________________

I've got to get back in the race

Saturday I didn't accomplish, plan, diet, rest, or anything worthwhile.

It was like I was sitting in front of a hurtle that I didn't want to jump. There are tons of things that I want to do ...

but somewhere in front of them are these hurtles. Those things that I don't want to do, but need to do in order to reach the goal.

Quote: “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.” - Frank A. Clark

6 Comments:

At 9/10/2007 2:26 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I always hated the hurdles in high school. I was too short and barely made it. My mean old coach would complain that it took so long...um...hellloooooo? That girl over there has 6 foot long legs! I'm only 5'4 ALL TOGETHER! Give me a break!

Sorry you didn't get much done. There's always next Saturday.....:-)

More chocolate?

 
At 9/10/2007 9:25 am, Blogger Moggy said...

You a little taller than me, if that makes you feel any better. I could never do sit-ups and we had mean old coaches down here too.

 
At 9/11/2007 12:06 am, Blogger New Fool said...

If I ever find out any motivation other than pleasure, reducing work, and being forced to do something, I'll let you know.

 
At 9/11/2007 12:20 am, Blogger Moggy said...

NF - I would appreciate that information if you find it.

 
At 9/11/2007 1:20 am, Blogger New Fool said...

I just saw something on some marketing blog about motivation. It might be B.S., but it suggests get a big one-year calendar, and every day that you do some activity toward your goal, cross the date with a red X. If you do it a bunch of days in a row it forms a chain, and you are supposed to like seeing that chain. So then you just keep doing the daily activity to keep the chain going, and make it your goal to never break the chain.

 
At 9/11/2007 1:23 am, Blogger Moggy said...

NF - thanks, that's worth a try. The meditation class I went to said that even meditation forms a chain, which I guess gets stronger the longer it is without a break ;-)

Thanks for the advice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home