My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

________________________________________________________

Sunday Bible Study

I haven't been doing my daily bible cartoons, so here is one for today.

I think the main problem is that when we feel depressed, sad, or lonely we look for something to ease the pain. Sometimes the pain we feel is because we need God and we look for anything else that we can find because we are rebellious. It could be drugs, food, money or anything that in the end will leave us in worst shape than where you started.

Quote: “The sight of a drunkard is a better sermon against that vice than the best that was ever preached on that subject” - George Savile

4 Comments:

At 9/23/2007 8:19 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I have no problem with people having a drink now and then, but that quote about the drunkard is EVER so true.

 
At 9/23/2007 11:26 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

I'm with you on that. I'm not totally against people drinking. I just know that a lot of people have been hurt by the ones who can't stop.

 
At 9/24/2007 1:34 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Amen to that. Double amen, in fact.

 
At 9/29/2007 6:42 pm, Blogger Trish D said...

Sooooo true - it's amazing how we try to fill the "God void"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home