My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Friday, January 18, 2008

________________________________________________________

10 bean breakfast

One of the good things about not eating everything I want all day is that I really enjoy the food when I eat.

Yesterday I soaked beans from a 10 bean soup package. Before I went to bed I put them in my crockpot along with a little bit of chicken. This morning I added chili.

I had 10 bean chili for my cold winters breakfast.

Quote: “It doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people doesn't add up to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now... Here's looking at you kid.” - Humphrey Bogart

4 Comments:

At 1/19/2008 1:23 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Beans are SO good for you....I was just reading about that....

 
At 1/19/2008 11:06 am, Blogger Two Kayaks said...

As a vegetarian, beans are a very important part of my diet and I love all kinds. So very good for you!

 
At 1/19/2008 1:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had black beans earlier in the week and they are a regular staple of our diet. But Thursday, I made a big dish of pinto beans with jalapeno cornbread and steamed broccoli. Something about this insane cold weather just demands a meal like that!

 
At 1/19/2008 3:12 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

I have a very small crockpot and I'm putting it to use these nights just so I will have some warm soup, chili or beans. I have the cornbread mix ready and today I'm going to cook up some of that to go with it. Good Idea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home