My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

________________________________________________________

Ash Wednesday


I was reading about Ash Wednesday, because it's not part of my own religious background I've never partaken in it. After reading about it I think I would like to be a part of it.

I doubt I will find a service to go to, but I'm going to find out more about it and pray and think about giving up something for lent.

Quote: “Those have a short Lent, who owe money to be paid at Easter.” - Benjamin Franklin

3 Comments:

At 2/06/2008 2:27 pm, Blogger Two Kayaks said...

I am sitting here in my office with ashes on my forehead. In fact, I ministered the ashes today for our school. I placed ashes on the heads of many students today and now we all look as though we've been digging in the dirt.
I haven't decided what I will give up for Lent, but it might have to be Sushi. Sigh.

 
At 2/06/2008 5:00 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I'm not of that religious background either. But I really SHOULD give up chocolate. Just for a while......maybe not.

 
At 2/06/2008 10:07 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

I gave up chocolate for a long time when I was first saved, because I didn't think there should be anything I couldn't give up.

I actually think it would be harder now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home