My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Friday, February 01, 2008

________________________________________________________

January 08 in review

I like looking back over January to see what, if anything happened.

Week 1 - I had a bad dream that I bought a house that turned out to be a nightmare then I found a house and bid on it, but was nervous about it.

Week 2 - I lost the bid by $66 and didn't think I would ever find as good a deal again.

Week 3 - My truck started getting really hard to crank and I had to get a new battery.

Week 4 - I found an even better house and the lawyers put my name as Betty on an addendum to the contract. I had to sign without making any changes to it. We had to put an addendum to the addendum to correct my name.

Quote: “Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past.”
- Henry Ward Beecher

7 Comments:

At 2/02/2008 2:11 am, Blogger Two Kayaks said...

I am a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason". Kind of like me stumbling across your blog almost two years ago. :)

 
At 2/02/2008 2:13 am, Blogger Moggy said...

2K - I think so too, but sometimes it's really hard to see that when we want something different that what is happening at the time.

 
At 2/02/2008 2:18 am, Blogger Two Kayaks said...

Tell me about it. Seven years of infertility has challenged me in that way. It is hard to know why it is happening to us and why this adoption is taking so long. However, I hold strong to the notion that there is SOME reason. Not sure about it yet, but one day it will be revealed to me.

 
At 2/02/2008 2:38 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

You mean your name is NOT Betty? Oh, that's right, it's Wilma. Oh, no....wait a minute....that's the Flinstones, right? I used to watch them in high school on my lunch break....now, where was I?

 
At 2/02/2008 1:48 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

janet - so you have been hanging around with cartoons for a while now ;-)

 
At 2/04/2008 2:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Urban Dictionary defines "Betty" as:

The term Betty refers to a hot chick. One that is attractive, stylish and self confident. A Betty is typically a looker.

A Super Betty is one step above that. She is very hot in all areas. Denise Richards and Carmen Electra are examples of Super Bettys.

 
At 2/04/2008 4:53 am, Blogger Moggy said...

al - mystery solved ;-) I wondered why they put down my name as Betty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home