My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

________________________________________________________

How could this happen to me?

This morning I didn't have any money for breakfast, so I tried the ATM machine. It wouldn't give me anything. I thought it must be broken, but when I checked with my bank it wasn't the machine. Moggy spent a little too much money on inspections and estimates for "The Leaning House of Moggy".

So how is it that I will be able to afford to buy "The Leaning House of Moggy"? I am going to have to watch my money a little closer. I can tell you that much.

What I really hate is the money they charge you for not having enough money.

Quote: “Common experience is the gold reserve which confers an exchange value on the currency which words are; without this reserve of shared experiences, all our pronouncements are checks drawn on insufficient funds.” - Rene Daumal

8 Comments:

At 2/13/2008 10:20 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

How rude of that machine! My kids just recently realized that you actually have to have money in your bank account to get money out. They thought that people could just take money out whenver they wanted. If that were the case......:-)

 
At 2/13/2008 10:23 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

I just recently realized that too ;-)

 
At 2/13/2008 10:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, Moggy. I can send you some Canadian money...you know one of our dollars is like ten of yours at this point! ;)

 
At 2/13/2008 10:27 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

2k - Oh sure taunt me with how much more your money is worth. That makes me feel better ;-)

I once got a Canadian dime in change, but I thought it would be sort of like counterfeit to use it here and so I didn't spend it.

 
At 2/15/2008 12:46 am, Blogger A Life Inspired said...

2K said "I can send you some Canadian money...you know one of our dollars is like ten of yours at this point

"...is that why Moggy's funds were insufficient? Because they were US funds...?"

;-)

 
At 2/15/2008 10:32 am, Blogger Moggy said...

al - yes if all my money was Canadian I would be living the high life ;-)

 
At 2/17/2008 4:11 pm, Blogger New Fool said...

That it was temporary's something to be thankful for. When you're permanently out of money people stop smiling at you and you're not welcome anywhere in the country.

 
At 2/17/2008 8:23 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

I've been out of money for a period of time before and it is really a rough place to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home