My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

________________________________________________________

This will be harder for me than you

I've thought a lot about what I should give up for lent.

So here goes, I'm going to put a time limit, but daily from 6:30 at night to 6:30 in the morning I'm going to give up being on my computer. I'm hoping to still be able to get a daily blog entry, but if I get home late, or sleep late I may not be able to. Hopefully I will be more disciplined and not spend so much time on the computer afterwards.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." This might be seen as an ancient way of putting the 12-Step aphorism that stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Aristotle wrote at length on what made a person virtuous and what virtue was to begin with. He concluded that virtue is excellence made habitual.

3 Comments:

At 2/07/2008 6:37 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh.....that's a good one. It would be hard for me too!!!!

 
At 2/07/2008 10:26 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

So far so good, my lent begins in 5 minutes ;-)

 
At 2/08/2008 12:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought about doing that, but I know it would be too much of a sacrifice for me...I'm not a good Catholic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home