My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

________________________________________________________

It's a Beautiful Day here today

I had a chance to go for a walk. I really needed that vitamin D.

We had a large group that went to eat after Church and about 10 went to walk after that, Well two went to roller blade and the rest to walk.

It was just beautiful out there.


Church was really good as usual, but as I was walking in I saw someone who looked just like someone from my old church who has passed away. It made me feel sad.

Quote: “Since every death diminishes us a little, we grieve - not so much for the death as for ourselves” - Lynn Caine

6 Comments:

At 2/11/2008 3:11 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

That happened to me once. I was at a gas station and this man walked past me. He looked and walked so much like my dad (bio father) that it took my breath away. I cried all the way home. It was so strange.

 
At 2/11/2008 4:05 am, Blogger James Higham said...

Yes, that sort of thing makes us stop and contemplate the brittleness of life.

 
At 2/11/2008 9:37 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

I once saw a guy who looked so much like my younger brother that I followed him around in a store because I was going to surprise him, but when he turned around it was me that was surprized.

 
At 2/12/2008 3:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We didn't make it to the arbors Sunday...we stayed late at lunch, then came home and worked outside for a bit, then went for a 'just before sunset' walk...beautiful day! Maggie got sick again last nite and I was at the vet internist for 4+ hours today...very emotionally draining (lots of 'heavy hearts' people with their very-ill pets) and they still can't diagnose her. She continues to throw up and be extremely finicky in what she eats, if at all. I only noticed tonite that I'd missed your call. (Sorry, I'm a dork that never uses the phone or checks for messages.) That's why we moved the party from our house to the restaurant for Friday nite; we don't know what the week holds for Maggie and the past 2 have been really tough.

 
At 2/12/2008 3:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. I forgot to say I enjoyed your post...yeah, sometimes people can trigger reminders of people

 
At 2/12/2008 10:39 am, Blogger Moggy said...

al - I'm so sorry that Maggie is sick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home